Welcome to the 40th Special Operations Command.
We are a DCS based wing, flying multiple platforms of aircraft.
A little history of the 40th, we are what used to be the 27th Virtual Fighter Wing flying BMS Falcon. In late March early April 2018, we discussed the possibility of switching over to DCS due to a lot of positive developments in that simulation. Once the release of 2.5 was live and we could all fly it we fell in love. We decided that DCS was going to be our new home for good.
- A-10C Warthog
- AV-8B Harrier
- UH-1H Huey
- SA-432 Gazelle
- F-18 Hornet
- F-14 Tomcat
- Combined Arms
- KA-50 Black Shark
- F-16 Fighting Falcon (Viper)
- AJS-37 Viggen
We will be actively support all the air frames above and allow new pilots to fly them, provided they can pass the required checkrides to get qualified on that airframe. In addition we currently run the Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Nevada maps with most training being conducted in Nevada. So if you are looking for a lot of fun and even more challenges you have come to the right place.
The 40th SOC is a group of like minded friends, that enjoy flying DCS in a tactical way to mimic real world operations.
We have our own server that is used everyday of the week for training and operation
The following Code of conduct is set to keep the above and our core values in mind.
1. Demonstrate good manners, courtesy and considerations to others.
2. Never attack or question the motives of another member.
3. During mission briefs only flight leads may talk, after they are done talking they will open the floor to questions, comments and concerns.
4. One person talks at a time, DO NOT try to talk over others, LISTEN to the person speaking.
5. DO NOT dominate conversations, interrupt or participate in side conversations or make any unnecessary remarks.
6. During missions we expect professionalism from all participants. The use of proper brevity is encouraged.
7. Once the mission is over we do a full tacview debrief, you are expected to stay around during this time.
8. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior or any other breach of the code of conduct may result in suspension from participation or dismissal from the 40th SOC
The 40th SOC has a zero tolerance policy for abuse, the use of derogatory remarks, personal insults, threats or any form of racism or discrimination.
CO 40th Special Operations Command
US based wing
Timer & Alarm
East Coast time zone